Good Autoclave PracticePrint
A comprehensive and highly participative course.
£1800.00 excl VAT or £2160.00 incl VAT (if applicable)
About this course
A Comprehensive Course on the Practicalities of…
- Autoclave selection
- Cycle design
- Equipment qualification
- Cycle validation
- Ongoing performance monitoring and management
What You Will Learn
- Current regulatory expectations for steam sterilisation
- Current European and US regulatory expectations for steam sterilisation – how they differ and why
- How to qualify and validate effectively
- How to troubleshoot problems
- Best practices for monitoring and management of autoclaves
Current Regulatory Issues, Standards and Best Industry Practice for Steam Sterilisation
- EU and US expectations compared and contrasted
- The role of HTM 2010, EN 285 and other guidance documents
Microbiology of Sterilisation
- The conditions needed to kill microbes
- The kinetics of sterilisation (Fo, D and Z)
- Steam quality testing
- Causes and consequences of steam quality problems
Moist Heat Cycle Types
- Advantages and disadvantages
Good Validation Practices
- The WHO, WHAT, WHY and HOW of…
- Design qualification
- Factory acceptance testing
- Installation qualification
- Operation qualification
- Performance qualification/cycle validation
- max and min loads
- worst case loads
- use and abuse of biological indicators
- Selection and quality control
- Management of failures
Life after Validation
- Planned preventative maintenance and calibration
- Routine performance checks
- Change control
Good Autoclaving Practices
- Training of operators
- Management of failed cycles
- Measuring and monitoring performance
Discussion and Working Groups
This course is designed to be highly participative. We invite you to bring along your specific autoclaving problems; we will do our best to provide you with sound, cost-effective solutions!
Amsterdam Marriott Hotel, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The Amsterdam Marriott Hotel is among the superior hotels in Amsterdam, it offers an ideal location across from the Leidseplein’s fine shopping, dining and entertainment.
As a guest, you’ll find well appointed guest rooms with high speed internet to keep you in touch. A well equipped fitness room will help keep you in shape. Fine dining awaits in their two restaurants.
- Online early booking offer – we have negotiated a discounted bed and breakfast rate including free wi-fi.
- To take advantage of this offer, you must book via a special weblink, details of which will be provided to you on receipt of a completed booking form.
- This offer is only available until four weeks before the course start date, after which point the hotel cannot guarantee room or rate availability.
- If you need any help or guidance with the accommodation booking process, please contact our course administration team.
- Your account with the hotel should be settled at check-out.
- Any charges made by the hotel as a result of you not taking up your reservation for any reason will remain your responsibility, therefore please ensure you are aware of the hotel’s cancellation policy.
We believe that our team of experts are the best available. Not only have they got years of experience in the industry, but they are committed to tutoring and helping those inside the industry to improve and raise the standards. We understand that you attend courses to learn about the latest regulations and to get your questions answered.
Our experts for this course are:
What you've said
What Previous Attendees Said About This Course
“One of the most fulfilling courses I have been on in 20 years’ plus experience.”
Gary Cooper, Huddersfield Royal Infirmary, UK
“Excellent overview to continue improving my knowledge related to autoclave and sterilisation process.”
Lorenzo Martin, Ingelheim España SA, Spain
“Excellent course, I came away full of ideas.”
Ian Clark, Keele University Science Park, UK
“Excellent course that gave me a great deal of understanding.”
Keith Heys, Wockhardt, UK
“Very high quality course with excellent tutors.”
Erwin Snellink, Solvay Biologicals BV, The Netherlands
Zorica Spasojevic, Hemofarm Group, Serbia
“Excellent course, specific to practical examples and good concentration on the important/practical aspects of the information.”
Aodhgan Gallagher, Organon (Ireland), Republic of Ireland
“Very good course, enjoyable as well as informative.”
Philip Greetham, Reckitt Benckiser Healthcare, UK
“The autoclave training was very informative, addressed practical issues that we all see. The trainers were very knowledgeable and ‘real’ experts in their field.”
Garrett Hickey, Organon (Ireland), Republic of Ireland