GMP Workshop: Basics and Practice of Steam SterilisationPrint
Our one day GMP workshops offer relevant industry topics providing expert knowledge and advice on a range of subjects that will give you a good understanding of the subject matter.
£495.00 excl VAT – £594.00 incl VAT
About this course
Sterilisation by moist heat (i.e. dry, saturated, steam) is at the heart of many sterile product manufacturing operations, whether it is in the preparation of equipment and components or in the terminal sterilisation of filled product that will tolerate sterilisation by heat. This one day workshop will suit anyone who needs to know more about the design, qualification and day-to-day control of steam sterilisation. The workshop is equally suited to the engineer specifying, installing and maintaining a steriliser, the production manager who has to train and manage staff using steam sterilisation or the QA/QP reviewing sterilisation cycles and making judgements on cycles that appear not to conform.
During this one day seminar we will cover…
- The microbiology of sterilisation using steam
- Design and selection of autoclave cycle types
- The quality of steam for sterilisation
- The use and abuse of biological indicators to validate and control steam sterilisation
- Good autoclaving practice
Morning Session 08:30 – 12:00
- Overview of moist heat sterilisation
- The microbiology (and the kinetics) of the steam sterilisation process
- Autoclave cycle types – and some thoughts on steam-in-place (SIP)
Afternoon Session 13:00 – 16:30
- Cycle qualification – and the use (and abuse) of biological indicators (BIs)
- Good autoclaving practice
- Question and answer session
Hilton York Hotel, York, UK
The Hilton York Hotel is conveniently located in the city centre and boasts 130 high-quality rooms, two popular restaurants and secure parking. The historic city of York has many attractions for visitors; the famous Minster, many museums, the Jorvik Viking Centre and excellent shopping. London is two hours away by train and there is a direct rail link to Manchester Airport. Leeds/Bradford Airport is also nearby.
- Online early booking offer – we have negotiated a discounted bed and breakfast rate including free wi-fi.
- To take advantage of this offer, you must book via a special weblink, details of which will be provided to you on receipt of a completed booking form.
- This offer is only available until four weeks before the course start date, after which point the hotel cannot guarantee room or rate availability.
- If you need any help or guidance with the accommodation booking process, please contact our course administration team.
- Your account with the hotel should be settled at check-out.
- Any charges made by the hotel as a result of you not taking up your reservation for any reason will remain your responsibility, therefore please ensure you are aware of the hotel’s cancellation policy.
Venue Address and Contact Details
Hilton York Hotel
1 Tower Street
Tel: +44 (0)1904 648 111
We believe that our team of experts are the best available. Not only have they got years of experience in the industry, but they are committed to tutoring and helping those inside the industry to improve and raise the standards. We understand that you attend courses to learn about the latest regulations and to get your questions answered.
Our experts for this course are:
What you've said
What previous attendees have said about our GMP Workshops
“Provision of full notes as well as slides very useful.”
Nicola Gaynor, Dales Pharmaceuticals, UK
Betty McDonald, Bayer plc, UK