The Aspiring Quality Leader and the Technical ProfessionalU.S.A
We run a series of 12 modules over 22 months, a program which is designed to provide the rigorous instruction demanded by large pharmaceutical companies in a manner which does not interfere significantly with an employee’s work schedule.
The system is flexible enough to allow people to attend the modules in any order as these will be repeated year to year. Some people may be looking to fill specific gaps in their technical knowledge and will attend only those modules which meet their needs, while others may aspire to achieve the comprehensive training and technical understanding that attending all of the modules will deliver.
Diploma and Master of Science Degree opportunities also exist from the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland for those people who are interested in expanding their academic credentials.
What we Offer
- In depth, face to face instruction from seasoned professionals.
- The university instructors are acknowledged experts in their respective fields
- NSF Health Sciences instructors have extensive industry experience and are able to put the material into context for you
- Students are assigned a tutor, if desired, to provide support and advice throughout their training
- We want you to succeed!
Flexibility to meet YOUR Needs and YOUR Company’s Needs
- You can join and leave the series of modules whenever you choose, you do not have to start on the first and finish on the last module
- You will have the opportunity to gain a Postgraduate Diploma or MSc in Pharmaceutical Quality and Good Manufacturing Practice from one of the most reputable Schools of Pharmacy in the UK
- Combining modules provides you with the unique opportunity to focus in areas such as Pharmaceutical Law and Regulatory Compliance or Medicinal Chemistry and Formulation
- We will be happy to assess your needs and offer suggestions to tailor your study
Who should Attend
- This course series is not only for Quality Professionals. Individual modules will benefit people in Manufacturing, Engineering, R&D and other support functions
- Attendance on the entire series will enhance the knowledge, capability and credentials of the Quality Professional, preparing them for senior management roles
- Your interest and enthusiasm for drug product manufacturing, quality and all those inputs which lead to successful product/process design, qualification and commercialization
- Your company’s shared enthusiasm for your participation
QLP Training Modules
These are our forthcoming QLP training modules. Please click on any of them for further information regarding content and the venue.
|Managing New Investigational New Drug Supply and Assurance (QLP Module 11)||02/Dec/2014||More info and booking|
How to Reserve a Place
To reserve a place on the series or any individual module, please complete and email, mail or fax the booking form to NSF Health Sciences LLC.
Bookings may also be made online by clicking the book now button on the right of your screen. In the event the module is not yet posted on the NSF Health Sciences website please send an email to USinfo@nsf-dba.com to confirm your booking.
Confirmation of Booking
In order to confirm your reservation for a particular module or series of modules the booking form must be completed
The course fee includes tuition, course materials, and attendance certificates. Conference facilities, lunches and refreshments are always included.
Hotel accommodation and other evening meals are not included in the fees; however NSF Health Sciences will arrange for discounted hotel room rates.
Additional fees will be charged to cover course assessments, the comprehensive exam and the University of Strathclyde fees for the Diploma and Master of Science.
While we know that completing the entire series is a significant investment, we also know from experience that the benefit is lasting and even more so when multiple people from the same company participate. As a promotion NSF Health Sciences offers the following incentive: If more than one delegate from the same site attend one of our modules, the second and subsequent attendees will receive a 20% discount on the course fee for attending the same module.
If you have any questions or if you wish to discuss your specific requirements in more detail please contact the Quality Leadership Program administrator, Jim Morris, on +1 617-342-3625 or by email at USpharma@nsf.org
University of Strathclyde Postgraduate Diploma or MSc in Pharmaceutical Quality and Good Manufacturing Practice
Delegates attending all the modules which comprise the series may, if they wish, register for the Diploma in Pharmaceutical Quality and Good Manufacturing Practice. This can be advanced to a Master of Science on submission and acceptance of a relevant project.
Delegates who wish to become QPs must subsequently reside in Europe and request to sit the written and oral exams. The Quality Leadership Program will prepare you to become a QP, but it is not the objective of the US program.
The standard requirement for those individuals electing to pursue the University of Strathclyde diploma or MSc is attendance at all the modules. However, the course director may grant an exemption where sufficient knowledge (e.g. academic qualification) and experience can be demonstrated.
Eligibility for the Postgraduate Diploma and MSc
Applicants must hold a university degree which is recognized and accepted as suitable by the University of Strathclyde. Application forms are available from the University.
For the Quality Professional who is looking to gain a further qualification or just recognition in their profession. You will need to complete three NSF Health Sciences nominated modules (QLP foundation modules) and three modules of your own choice and perform satisfactorily in the assessments for each, to be eligible to apply for the Postgraduate Certificate with the University of Strathclyde.
Delegates registered for the diploma must obtain a passing grade on each of the individual module exams and, upon completion of the series, take a comprehensive exam. If successful, they will be awarded the University Diploma in Pharmaceutical Quality and Good Manufacturing Practice. The duration of the Quality Leadership Program is driven by the module schedule, i.e. 22 months
Master of Science
Holders of the diploma may proceed to the University of Strathclyde MSc in Pharmaceutical Quality and Good Manufacturing Practice by undertaking a supervised, industrially relevant project on a subject approved by the course director. Candidates will be required to satisfy a university assigned board of examiners in a presentation of their project and in an oral examination. Projects shall normally be submitted within six months of completing the diploma course.
Students who plan to attend the full series must complete a Practical module, which is a one week intensive hands-on introduction to pharmaceutical operations. The current Practical is offered on site in Glasgow at the University of Strathclyde, which has small scale solid oral manufacturing capability.